Marin County Restaurants Ordered To Close Indoor Dining

Monday, exactly one week after Marin County restaurants were allowed to once again seat customers inside, they’ve been ordered to shutdown indoor dining. 

This comes after California Governor Gavin Newsom on Friday added Marin to the state’s list of counties being monitored for coronavirus activity. Counties that remain on that list for three consecutive days or more are ordered to shutdown select indoor activities, such as dining, for a minimum of three weeks. 

Sausalito's Angelino Restaurant was able to seat patrons indoors last week for the first time since the pandemic began in mid-March.  

“In the anticipation of being open, you hire more staff, you order more food, you anticipate and make changes based on that information, and now we have to retract all that and lay employees that we had taken back off, and we have to reduce our ordering,” Owner and General Manager Teresa Ancona said.  

Ancona said she can still seat 12 patrons outdoors, but that’s a far cry from the 92 person capacity she has. 

She told KCBS Radio that she wishes she had never reopened. 

“Everything about this whole situation since the pandemic started for restaurants has been heartbreaking,” Ancona added. “It breaks my heart to watch friends and restaurant owners have to close their business.”