Night two of LIVE 105’s Not So Silent Night 2014 features Spoon!
Around The Web:
1) What was/is it about Spoon as a band that you find different, interesting, “worthy”, etc.?
Great songs, inventive musicianship, a sense of humor, their attractive fans.
2) How would you describe Britt Daniel as a person, keeping along the same lines as question #1?
He’s very tall. Also, he’s male without making a big deal out of it, which I think is important in today’s society.
3) How would you say that Spoon has evolved since the band’s inception, and what would you hope to see in the band’s future?
They’ve found consistently better looking bassists, which counts for a lot in today’s shallow, fire-the-ugly members rock scene. Musically, they’ve been getting further and further away from a signature sound with each album, which is either very brave or very stupid, depending on how much money you’ve paid them to release their records in Upper Volta. But it’s always about the songs — Spoon took the “ifice” out of “artifice” a long time ago. I’m a little bitter that they didn’t use that for a t-shirt or bumper sticker slogan.
But I would say if their albums got any better, I’d be embarrassed to play them on a moderately priced stereo. It’s a little awkward right now, actually.
- The Shins And Spoon Announce Co-Headlining Berkeley Show
- Bridge School Benefit 2015 Line-Up
- Photos: Spoon Meet-N-Greet Backstage At LIVE 105 NSSN 2014
- Photos: Spoon At LIVE 105 NSSN 2014
- LIVE 105’s Not So Silent Night 2014 – Night 2: Spoon
- Q&A: Spoon’s Britt Daniel on ‘Good’ Songs & Brilliant Rolling Stone Album Covers