As The Verge reported, U2 hosted a facebook Q&A where they were asked about their new album,
One commenter asked if the band could refrain from having anymore of their albums automatically downloaded on to people’s iTunes accounts and Bono responded:
“Oops … I’m sorry about that,” he says. “I had this beautiful idea. Might have gotten carried away with ourselves. Artists are prone to that thing. A drop of megalomania, a touch of generosity, a dash of self-promotion, and deep fear that these songs that we poured our life into over the last few years might not be heard. There’s a lot of noise out there. I guess, we got a little noisy ourselves to get through it.”
More than 81 million people have listened to at least part of the album since the promotion began last month.
- Marilyn Manson Hints At Johnny Depp Joining His Band
- Horror Flicks And Beer Pairing Event In San Francisco This February
- GRAMMY Awards: How Are the Trophies Actually Made?
- Netflix Announces ‘Queer Eye’ Reboot
- Watch Dirty Heads ‘Celebrate’ Fans and Family With New Video
- Win Single Day BottleRock Napa Valley Passes