According to SFGate it looks like a suicide barrier is nearing approval to be tacked onto the Golden Gate Bridge.
In what is part of a $76 million dollar funding plan, $20 million will be allotted to the hanging of a new net 20 feet beneath each side of the span that would be installed within the next 3 years.
Here is an artist rendering of what that might look like, courtesy of the Golden Gate Bridge District & The San Francisco Chronicle:
Bridge officials have promised that tolls will not be raised to pay for the project, so hopefully that remains the case.
- GRAMMY Awards: Best Rock Performance
- New Found Glory Announce 2018 Tour Date at The Regency Ballroom
- ‘New California’ Declares Its Independence From The Rest Of The State
- Thirty Seconds to Mars Announce Camp Mars 2018
- Comedian Aziz Ansari Responds To Accusations of Sexual Misconduct
- Shake Shack Announces Bay Area Expansion