BFD 2011

BFD 2011 is here! Get ready for the kick-off party to summer on June 5th, 2011 at the Shoreline in Mountain View with the one and only LIVE 105!  Headlining this year’s show is none other than [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]LINKIN PARK[/lastfm]! And the rest of the lineup is pretty epic too!  Read on for the full lineup and festival details.

2011 BFD LINEUP:

Saint John
Party Ben
Jeffery Paradise
KidHack
Miles the DJ
Dan B

Get more Subsonic Tent info here.

LOCAL BAND STAGE
I Am Empire (San Jose)
Forrest Day (San Francisco)
K. Flay (San Francisco)
Beta State (San Jose)
Finish Ticket (Alameda)
The Relay Company (Los Altos)
Young Digerati (San Francisco)
Them Rude Boyz (San Jose)
Local Band Contest Winner (to be announced)

Get more Local Band Stage info here.

TICKETS:

• BFD TICKET PRESALE:
    Get BFD tickets first with the FREELOADER PRESALE happening on Thursday, April 21st – Friday April 22nd. You MUST be a LIVE 105 Freeloader to get presale tickets. Click here to sign up now for free!
  • Tickets are on sale to the general public now!
  • Regular Ticket Prices:
    Reserved:  $59.50 & $39.50
    Lawn:  $39.50
    4 pack lawn   – SOLD OUT!

bfd facebook1 BFD 2011 Lineup and Festival Details

Here’s the official festival flyer:

BFD Flyer 2011

Who are you excited to see at this year’s festival? Leave a comment and tell us!

Comments (203)
  1. Isaac says:

How do u get the pre sale tickets on Thursday? Is there a code u need?

1. mindy says:

Isaac, There will be a presale password emailed out to all LIVE 105 Freeloaders. To make sure you’re on the list, head to freeloaders.live105.com to sign up. If you’re already a member, just look for the email on Wednesday night with all the info! And if you miss the email, you can log into your account on Thursday morning for the link and password too!

2. pablo says:

This festival might do well on Argentina?

3. ChrisC says:

what’s the difference between reserved and lawn?

1. Rabbit says:

Reserved tickets are seats located in the 100 or 200 section. Lawn tickets are on the lawn. Check out Shorline’s set up here: http://www.livenation.com/seatingchart/229414/32890 The lawn is much bigger then it appears in the seating chart.

4. gkdajg says:

What are the pre-sale prices?

5. ronnie says:

so bad…. makes me embarrased to be from the bay area. this is the best that the only ‘alt’ station can pull together? linkin park?? youve gotta be joking. probably gonna go to see the strokes tho.,.. hah

6. DanR says:

Does anyone know what the password is to get pre sale tickets?

7. Annie S says:

Cage!!!!! Linkin!!!! Woo-Fucking-Whoooooo!!!! I’m too old, noone to go with, but what an awesome line-up!!!

8. Stephanie says:

Will the presale 10.53 tickets be for lawn only or will there be some reserved seats at this price?

9. Deb says:

Why are tickets available for purchase now ranging from $101.00 for lawn up to $378.00 for lower reserve?

10. Stomp Masta says:

Last years BFD was pretty f-in good, you can never have a sh-ty line up if Sublime is playing, props to Rome, he didnt do a bad job

1. Charlie Cokes says:

Is there a mash pit for all the bands?

11. Grecia says:

I’m flying from a whole different country to see this line up…saw The Strokes & The Airborn Toxic Event before and it was epic! Can’t wait to see them again!!!!

12. paul says:

why the f**k is snoop dog on the main stage at bfd, or even AT bfd, the concert put on by a so called alternative rock radio station. get close your eyes, senses fail, story of the year, hell even all that remains, and architects would be better than seeing cage the elephant and snoop dog. i hate how livE 105 picks up all these new artists with ONE catchy tune and won’t stop playing them to save their lives, and even has gone to playing rap and reggae. come on. disappointment smh

1. Alejandro Urena says:

Go fuck yourself. You clearly have no idea what an alternative rock station is. Get the fuck out of here you stupid mainstream dumbass faggot.

1. Nelson says:

@Alejandro Well said sir.

13. greaaaatNorcal says:

line up sucks..Worth seeing is Bad Religion and the strokes…everyone else blows

14. Ken says:

Nice. This should help with my post-Coachella sadness.

15. Mae says:

How much are the freeloader presale tickets? $10.53?????

16. bryan says:

Blaqk audio and biffy clyro

17. Charlie Cokes says:

1. Rabbit says:

For the Bud Light Festival Stage everything is general admission. Seating is only for the Main Stage. You also get access to the lawn with a reserved seating ticket.

18. Charlie Cokes says:

Is there a mash pit for all of the bands? And, say you buy seat tickets, how does that work with all of the different stages??

19. DANNA CROOK says:

LINKIN PARK. We live in Tulsa, Oklahoma I’m trying to figure out a way to get my middle son tickets and afford to get him out there for it. since LP is going overseas it will be his last chance here in states for awhile to see em.

20. DANNA CROOK says:

we are trying to make this happen for his graduation gift.

21. Steph says:

So. . . does that mean the $60 tickets are guaranteed seats or the $80 tickets? I’ll pay whatever to be close to the main stage with all that badassness going on haha

22. KevTheRev says:

If i can work out the timing I’ll be coming over from Scotland, can i buy tickets from outside the US?….For anyone going dont miss Biffy Clyro “Mon the Biff”

1. Rabbit says:

You should be able to buy tickets 10AM April 23 (or 23 April since you’re in Scotland) here: http://www.livenation.com/event/1C00468E06D085BA?artistid=11717&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

23. ruthg says:

AHHH!!! THE STROKES!! I’M SO EXCITED!!!<3

24. Kristina says:

Is there a way to avoid the convenience fees?

1. Rabbit says:

You can purchase tickets at Shoreline Amphitheatre Box Office every Saturday 10am to 2pm with no service charge. http://www.livenation.com/Shoreline-Amphitheatre-tickets-Mountain-View/venue/229414

25. Mark says:

Radio pre-sale? What a joke! I was on it at 10:00 sharp. First try came up with back of section 202, 2nd back of 204, third on the lawn. I drove down to Shoreline and got into section 101 row P (still pretty sucky, last year I was in row J) using my Mountain View resident status. Can’t you guys do better for the hardcore fans?

1. Jared says:

Agreed!!!

2. kim says:

agreed. im a teacher so i was at work and couldn’t drive down. plus i live almost 90 minutes away. my first attempt at 10am was section 200 row u. faaaaar right and in the very back by the lawn? tried again at my kids recess and lunch, 13 more times to be exact and the best i got from that was section 203 row B. f that! wtf is the point of a presale?

1. Mark says:

Kim,

you couldn’t have bought tickets at Shoreline anyway. The pre-sale at the venue was for Mountain View residents only.

I found out that the reason I couldn’t get into section 101 row J is that they only had six seats in that row reserved for residents.

26. Marcelle says:

Is there a pit to stand in front of the stage, or is all the general admission out back in the lawn?

1. mindy says:

Marcelle – no pit, general admission is the lawn (or the Subsonic tent, which will overlap w/ the main stage acts).

27. Crystal says:

LINKIN PARK baby!!!

28. erendira says:

do i have to be 18? cause that would suck.

1. Jared says:

To attend the show? Hahah noo! of course not!

29. Nelson says:

I’m confused about the setup. Are the other stages on the lawn? if I get seats can I only see the acts on the main stage?

1. Nelson says:

AND are the 10.53 tickets for the lawn or for any seat? Please let me know before tomorrow!

1. mindy says:

Nelson – $10.53 tix are lawn tix.

2. mindy says:

Nelson, both kinds of tickets get you access to all of the stages. The difference: reserved seat tickets get you assigned seats for the main stage. Lawn tickets let you sit on the lawn for the main stage. Festival stage, Subsonic Tent and Local band stage are all standing room only. See the main stage seating chart here:

30. Mari says:

Do I have to join the freeloader email listing to buy the $10.53 tix? Or can I just go and buy them??

1. Rabbit says:

No, you do not have to be a Freeloader (but it’s recommended!). The $10.53 ticket is only available for purchase at Shoreline Amphitheater at 10AM, Saturday April 23. There is a limited number of tickets at this price.

31. duhb says:

way in advance i know, but can you bring a camelback into the shoreline? havent been there in a few years.

1. Rabbit says:

Most likely, no. Check the Shoreline website for what you can and cannot bring: http://www.livenation.com/Shoreline-Amphitheatre-tickets-Mountain-View/venue/229414

32. James says:

Blaqk Audio, Manchester Orchestra, Ban Religion and Young the Giant make BFD an insta-purchase for me!

33. marisolL says:

my bf is in line right now we cant wait to go n see everyone am die to see the strokes this is my bf frist contest his goin to .. its goin to be crazy

34. Dude Bro says:

Young The Giant, Manchester Orchestra, The Strokes, Cage The Elephant, Forrest Day

AWWWWW YEAAAAAAAA

35. Alli says:

Okay, is it just me that is COMPLETELY perturbed by the $9.30 service charge PER TICKET? They make a big deal about pointing out that the lawn 4 pack is only 105 bucks… BS!!!! When all is said & done its freakin $142.20 quite a big difference from $105.00, just soooo irritated right now. I REALLY want to go, but if you try to skip the service charge & drive down to Shoreline you still have a $6.00 service charge per ticket Mon-Fri. I’M SO TORN!!! Can anyone even tell me what these freakin service charges are for? We don’t even get actual tickets anymore, there print outs, so WTF is the $9.30 for?

1. Rabbit says:

There is no service charge at the Shoreline box office every Saturday 10am-2pm.

36. Angel says:

Sucks that I didnt get my $10.53 ticket. I came so close to getting it but the security cut us off and told us there was no more. I had to pay $39.50 for a lawn ticket. Im so excited to go to the show! The only thing that I’ve noticed and I think is pretty stupid is that the show is on a Sunday…again! WTF is up with that??? The majority of us listeners have to go to work the next day. We dont want to go to work hungover the next day! Also, they could have added The Black Keys to the line up 🙂

37. honeybeeh says:

Can’t wait to see THEM RUDE BOYZ rock the stage!!!

38. honeybeeh says:

Can’t wait to see THEM RUDE BOYZ rock the stage. Awesome band.!!!

39. Danika says:

Could I please get the times that the main stage artists are scheduled to go on? My sister might delay her flight back to Illinois to stay for Linkin Park and Cage the Elephant, if they don’t go on too late!

1. mindy says:

The set times aren’t available yet, sorry!

1. Danika says:

Okay, please keep me updated!

40. Teddy Lawrence says:

I AM EMPIRE ptretty much rocks harder live than any band playing on any stage at BFD 2011.

41. Almond says:

I’ve never been to one of these before, if you buy lawn tickets will you be able to get to the front of the Festival stage?

1. mindy says:

Almond,
      The lawn tickets get you access to the lawn section behind the seated area for the Main Stage (no pit in front). For the rest of the stages, it is standing room only with either ticket, so you have the opportunity to get to the front of the stage for Subsonic Tent, festival stage and local band stage.

42. andy says:

worst line up ever. should have forked out the $$$ for bassnectar. been attending this event for a long time. sad to see i wont be attending…

43. Zach D says:

I’m going because my friends got me a $10.53 ticket and I would pay at least twice as much as that to see The Strokes alone, not to mention Cage the Elephant, and I want to witness Snoop Dogg live just to say I have. Bad Religion is great too.

BUT THE STROKES!!!!!!!! Third time seeing them in a year!!!!

1. KevTheRev says:

thanks Rabbit…if im there I’ll down the front at Biffy….”Mon The Biff”

1. Rabbit says:

Sweet! Hope you can make it out!

44. lexc says:

AWOLNATION!

1. kaarina says:

YESSSS!

45. GILLY HALL says:

I LOVE THE BAND OUR VINYL VOWS , I really hope they get to play the BFD show!!!! xoxoxo 🙂

46. Tony says:

The Royal Baths would be a great addition to the local bands stage or Ty Segal

47. sonia says:

Main reason i am going is to see the Strokes. For about how long will they be performing on stage?

48. Nick says:

You guys should of booked the holdup. The lineup sucks so hard

1. kevtherev says:

when will the set times be released?